Sunday, March 9, 2008

A little bit of this...

...and a little bit of that. This post will be a quick rundown of what games I'm currently playing and what I like or don't like about them. Sounds boring enough ? Well then, let's go !

Look, it's happening one year after, and they look younger! Awesome!or Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings. I'll have this one finished in a week or so, but I can't bring myself to pick it up these days. But don't get me wrong : the game itself is really enjoyable, the story is not too bad, and the graphics are gorgeous. Also, it's my first strategy game on the DS, and I must say I find the controls very well done... All in all, the game gets a 7/10 from me so far, maybe even 8 for the graphics (except the fact that I don't like the way all the characters look like 12 years old) and the music.

Ridley! Give back that larva, will you?! or, more commonly, Super Metroid. I'm literally digging this one. I loved playing Metroid 2 when I was little, and I'm finding a similar experience with Super Metroid. The game looks good, plays well, has a great atmosphere... The only thing from the second installment in the series I'm missing is the fear of stumbling upon a metroid at every corner. But apart from that, excellent game : 8.5/10.

When you drive trucks, you don't have to act rationally a.k.a. Silent Hill Origins (on PS2). This one I've just started, and I really hope my first impressions will be proven wrong. Because for what I saw, even if you overlook the graphics (it's still a port from the PSP, I was not expecting miracles), the game feels somewhat like a real step back, almost as if it was another Silent Hill 1. My main gripe is with the protagonist's way of reacting. Nothing seems that abnormal to him, and honestly, when you played a character like Heather in Silent Hill 3, you can't help but to notice that the difference is huge... But well, it's Silent Hill, so hopefully the game will still be good. I really hope so. 7/10 so far...

And that's it, I'm sure I forgot a game or two that I started in the last months, but well, they must not have been that great if I can't even remember starting them... So see you next time with something maybe a little more interesting ^^

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]